Which Chevrolet Truck Is Right For Me | Mission, TX
Bert Ogden Chevrolet in Mission, Texas, offers the complete Chevrolet truck lineup. Chevy trucks are the most reliable and durable on the market — but, how do you know which one is right for you? That depends entirely on your budget, preferences, and how you intend to use the truck.
2021 Chevrolet Colorado
The smallest and most affordable of the brand’s pickup trucks is the midsize 2021 Chevrolet Colorado. This is a great truck for the everyday driver who needs the versatility and durability of a pickup, but still needs an efficient daily driver. For 2021, the Chevy Colorado is available with one of three engines:
- The 2.5-liter four-cylinder generates 200 horsepower and 191 lb-ft of torque, boasts 3,500 pounds of towing capability when properly equipped, and achieves up to 25 mpg on the highway.1
- The available 3.6-liter DOHC V6 produces 308 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque, manages up to 7,000 pounds of towing capability when properly equipped, and yields up to 25 mpg on the highway.2
- The available Duramax® 2.8-liter Turbo-Diesel cranks out 181 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque, can tow up to 7,700 pounds when properly equipped, and promises up to 28 mpg on the highway in 4×4 models or 22 mpg on the highway in ZR2 models.3
The Chevrolet Colorado boasts a wide range of available safety technologies, such as Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning. Eye-catching exterior color options include Sand Dune Metallic and Crush (orange).
2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The most legendary and popular pickup truck in the lineup is the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, and this suits most drivers’ needs. Priced a little higher than the Colorado, the full-size Silverado 1500 boasts innovative trailering technologies (with up to 15 camera views) like the in-vehicle Trailering System, Trailer Sway Control, Auto Grade Braking, Hill Start Assist, Trailer Theft Alert, Electric Parking Brake Hookup Assist, and Brake Gain Memory. The Silverado also features the Multi-Flex Tailgate and the Durabed, the industry’s most spacious and durable pickup bed.
For 2021, choose among six engine options: a 2.7-liter Turbo with Active Fuel Management™, a 4.3-liter V6 with Active Fuel Management™, a 5.3-liter V8 with Active Fuel Management™, a 5.3-liter V8 with Dynamic Fuel Management, a 6.2-liter EcoTec3 V8 with Dynamic Fuel Management™, and a Duramax® 3.0-liter Turbo-Diesel I6.
The 6.2-liter V8 serves up 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque and is rated at 13,300 pounds of towing capacity when properly equipped. The turbo-diesel engine is the most efficient in the lineup, earning up to 33 mpg on the highway.4
2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD
The king of heavy-duty pickups is the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado HD. Offered as 2500HD and 3500HD models, this pickup truck cranks out truly groundbreaking power. In fact, it’s the strongest, most capable Silverado HD to date.
If you are looking for a truck that does heavy-duty towing — for a massive boat, RV, or piece of industrial equipment for a worksite — this is the truck for you. The Silverado 2500HD tows up to 18,510 pounds while the Silverado 3500HD nearly doubles that to a 36,000-pound tow rating when properly equipped. The available Advanced Trailering System includes trailer tire pressure and temperature monitoring, trailer maintenance reminders, exterior trailer lighting diagnostics, and predeparture checklists.
You’ll choose between two engines for your 2021 Silverado HD:
- The 6.6-liter V8 gas engine creates 401 horsepower and 464 lb-ft of torque and is married to a six-speed automatic transition.
- The Duramax® 6.6-liter Turbo-Diesel V8, which is the engine that gets the impressive towing numbers cited above, manages a stunning 445 horsepower and 910 lb-ft of torque. This engine is partnered with an Allison® 10-speed automatic transmission.
Still not sure? Test-drive all available Chevrolet trucks at Bert Ogden Chevrolet in Mission, Texas!
1EPA-estimated 19 MPG city/25 highway for Colorado 2WD with 2.5L 4-cylinder engine and automatic transmission.
2EPA-estimated 18 MPG city/25 highway for Colorado 2WD with available 3.6L V6 engine and automatic transmission.
3EPA-estimated 19 MPG city/28 highway for Colorado 4×4 with available 2.8LTurbo Diesel. 18 city/22 highway (ZR2).
4Silverado 1500 2WD with available Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I-6 engine, EPA-estimated 23 MPG city/33 highway.